by clicking the "Next" arrow.
by clicking on the page.
the page around when zoomed in by dragging it.
the zoom using the slider when zoomed-in.
by clicking on the zoomed-in page.
by entering text in the search field, and select "This Issue" or "All Issues"
by clicking on thumbnails to select pages, and then press the print button.
displays sections with thumbnails and descriptions.
displays a slider of thumbnails. Click on a page to jump.
allows you to browse the full archive.
about your subscription?
Mindful : February 2015
February 2015 mindful 7 THE MINDFUL QUIZ VOLUME TWO, NUMBER 6, Mindful (ISSN 2169-5733, USPS 010-500) is published bimonthly for $29.95 per year USA, $39.95 Canada & $49.95 (US) international, by The Foundation for a Mindful Society, 1776 I St, NW, #90046, Washington, DC 20006 USA. Periodicals postage paid at Washington, DC, and additional mailing offices. POSTMASTER: Send address changes to Mindful, PO Box 469018, Escondido, CA 92046. Canada Post Publication Mail Agreement #42704514. CANADIAN POSTMASTER: Send undeliverable copies to Mindful, 1660 Hollis St, Suite 701, Halifax, NS B3J 1V7 CANADA. Printed in U.S .A . © 2015 Foundation for a Mindful Society. All rights reserved. YOUR IDEAL DATE “With him by my side enjoying time together for the past 45 years. I married my nex t-door neighbor the first day of sum- mer in 1969.” “FISHING WITH A SIX PACK OF BEER.” “Homemade pizza and a game of Scrabble and early to bed if you know what I mean.” MOST MINDFUL GIFT YOU’VE RECEIVED “Homemade card from son and a red paperclip necklace.” “A winter picnic after a cross-country ski outing— including treats for my pooch.” “Mountain Dew and curly fries.” “A hike I gave to myself.” MOST MINDLESS GIFT YOU’VE RECEIVED “The deluxe 3-disc collector’s edition of Twilight on DVD. I hated that movie.” “My par tner describing her thoughts on how the kitchen tile should be grouted during sex.” “A hat that holds two cans of beer.” “Wrinkle cream.” “Placemats. Seriously. Ex-husband.” “Windshield wipers.” you answered our reader survey on love and relationships What do you look for in a partner? 88% COMPASSION AND CARING, 61% also look for sense of humor, 67% want intellectual stimulation. Only 39% look for someone to wash the dishes—do the other 61% live on takeout? Your idea of the perfect couple’s retreat: 34% A FORTNIGHT WANDERING THE STREETS OF PARIS And at a close second, 33% want to lounge at a tropical resor t. Meanwhile, only 8% of our readers would take a meditation retreat—it turns out mindfulness can’t compete with sun and sand or the city of romance. If you could improve one thing in your relationship: 27% MORE EMOTIONAL UNDERSTANDING AND CONNECTION and an inspir- ing 14% wouldn’t change a thing! For 13% of our read- ers, the priority is more sex, better sex, or even any sex. And two people said they want less understanding in their relationships. ● If you are interested in joining us please visit www.potentialproject.com/about-us/want-to-join for more information. The Potential Project is a global leader in bringing mindfulness to organizations. We are based in 22 countries and provide cor- porate based mindfulness training for Accen- ture, Amex, Nike, Microsoft and many more in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Our corporate based mindfulness programs deliver high performance, job satisfaction and mental effectiveness. We are expanding in North America and look- ing for mindfulness trainers with a corporate background, excellent facilitation skills and a longstanding mindfulness practice. PASSIONATE ABOUT BRINGING MINDFULNESS INTO ORGANIZATIONS?